I thought I could ride.
Then I started reining.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Trying New Horses

I have had the opportunity to try a couple of new mares in the past couple of weeks. One this is for sure - It will take a little time to get used to any new horse. My riding ability is either A). Not very good B). Been spoiled by Pebbles or C). A combination of the two. LOL. The two horses I tried really showed me that being versatile and handy enough to jump on different horses and ride them to get any thing out of them reining wise takes a lot of skill. I have always felt I was a pretty good rider but to ride a reiner is completely different.

Needless to say, the two mares I tried were not good fits. Back to the drawing board.

On a good note, I saw Miss Pebbles today and she looks great. She came back into heat though so she didn't take last cycle. She is back in again and we are trying round 2. Keeping fingers crossed that this will work.


0 comments:

Trying New Horses

I have had the opportunity to try a couple of new mares in the past couple of weeks. One this is for sure - It will take a little time to get used to any new horse. My riding ability is either A). Not very good B). Been spoiled by Pebbles or C). A combination of the two. LOL. The two horses I tried really showed me that being versatile and handy enough to jump on different horses and ride them to get any thing out of them reining wise takes a lot of skill. I have always felt I was a pretty good rider but to ride a reiner is completely different.

Needless to say, the two mares I tried were not good fits. Back to the drawing board.

On a good note, I saw Miss Pebbles today and she looks great. She came back into heat though so she didn't take last cycle. She is back in again and we are trying round 2. Keeping fingers crossed that this will work.



Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

 

Reining Junkie Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger