I thought I could ride.
Then I started reining.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Decision Has Been Made...

We have decided to follow the vets recommendation for Pebbles. She is officially on stall rest for the next two months. That means no exercise except being moved to have her stall cleaned, to go get groomed or to get some sunshine and a few bites of grass. After the complete stall rest, she will be moved to a stall with a small run off of it so she can start moving around a bit. Then we can start walking her for five minutes building up to 20 minutes to get her prepared to be turned out on pasture. Poor thing. I wouldn't want to be cooped up in a stall for two months but we do know it is best for her :(

This whole situation has been really hard. When I think about not ever being able to show her again or let alone really ride her, I start crying. Out of all of the horses I have ever had, she has been by far the funnest, most challenging and most satisfying to ride. I thoroughly enjoy her - her grouchy personality towards everyone except me while being handled on the ground and her amazing work ethic in the saddle. If I get a baby out of her with half as much try as she has, I will be elated. She means so much to me and it is difficult to realize that we must close this chapter in our life together.

I know good things will come in time - they always do. I have always believed everything will work out and there is a reason for everything. I just hope my belief system does not fail me this time...


0 comments:

A Decision Has Been Made...

We have decided to follow the vets recommendation for Pebbles. She is officially on stall rest for the next two months. That means no exercise except being moved to have her stall cleaned, to go get groomed or to get some sunshine and a few bites of grass. After the complete stall rest, she will be moved to a stall with a small run off of it so she can start moving around a bit. Then we can start walking her for five minutes building up to 20 minutes to get her prepared to be turned out on pasture. Poor thing. I wouldn't want to be cooped up in a stall for two months but we do know it is best for her :(

This whole situation has been really hard. When I think about not ever being able to show her again or let alone really ride her, I start crying. Out of all of the horses I have ever had, she has been by far the funnest, most challenging and most satisfying to ride. I thoroughly enjoy her - her grouchy personality towards everyone except me while being handled on the ground and her amazing work ethic in the saddle. If I get a baby out of her with half as much try as she has, I will be elated. She means so much to me and it is difficult to realize that we must close this chapter in our life together.

I know good things will come in time - they always do. I have always believed everything will work out and there is a reason for everything. I just hope my belief system does not fail me this time...



Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

 

Reining Junkie Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger