I thought I could ride.
Then I started reining.

Monday, March 22, 2010

The Reason For My Addiction

No reiner is complete without a trusty steed.   Pebbles, as she is known around the barn, has been my faithful partner for the past three years. 





Chex Out My CD 
2003 AQHA Mare

by CD Roanlite by CD Olena

Out of Miss Q T Chex by Colonel Freckles



Shown here with our trainer, Cliff Kellmer, at one of the Spokane AQHA shows last summer.  

I purchased Pebbles in May 2008 and spent that summer getting to know her and learning what buttons to push.  In the fall of 2008, we started working with Cliff Kellmer and started showing in 2009.  Last year was a real learning curve to say the least!  Having not been in the show pen for many years (too many to count!), I spent the summer figuring out what exactly to do.  We had a setback too when Pebbles showed signs of bowing a tendon.  After taking about 8 weeks off, we came back for the fall shows and finished the season with some satisfying runs.  

We have been back at it since the beginning of February to prepare for the 2010 show season.  We are looking forward to seeing what this year brings.



























 



 

0 comments:

The Reason For My Addiction

No reiner is complete without a trusty steed.   Pebbles, as she is known around the barn, has been my faithful partner for the past three years. 





Chex Out My CD 
2003 AQHA Mare

by CD Roanlite by CD Olena

Out of Miss Q T Chex by Colonel Freckles



Shown here with our trainer, Cliff Kellmer, at one of the Spokane AQHA shows last summer.  

I purchased Pebbles in May 2008 and spent that summer getting to know her and learning what buttons to push.  In the fall of 2008, we started working with Cliff Kellmer and started showing in 2009.  Last year was a real learning curve to say the least!  Having not been in the show pen for many years (too many to count!), I spent the summer figuring out what exactly to do.  We had a setback too when Pebbles showed signs of bowing a tendon.  After taking about 8 weeks off, we came back for the fall shows and finished the season with some satisfying runs.  

We have been back at it since the beginning of February to prepare for the 2010 show season.  We are looking forward to seeing what this year brings.



























 



 

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

 

Reining Junkie Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger